Sr Account Manager (Marketing)
• Remote: This position does not require employees to be on-site full time to perform most effectively. The employee role allows them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Why work for us
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
This is a high-visibility position to serve as a primary contact for Meritor Aftermarket accounts. The role directs the US & Canadian aftermarket sales for Daimler Truck North America (DTNA). The incumbent interacts with all organizational levels including Marketing, Pricing, Purchasing, Materials Planning, Engineering and Sales on a global basis. The role is instrumental in directing and launching new products and programs as well as negotiating developing aftermarket LTA agreements.
Sales: $90 - $100+ million
Serve as the primary contact for one of Meritor's top global customer.
• The position calls upon the DTNA North American aftermarket HQ location as well as serves as liaison with the dealer network
• Interactions are varied, requiring knowledge in the areas of management, pricing, marketing, warranty, engineering/technical publications, global sales, and purchasing/materials planning.
• Provide consultant resources to the OEM marketing/sales organizations by developing marketing programs and sales promotions tailored to the unique strengths of each OEM. Ensure timely execution of actions and communicate results to all applicable personnel internal and external to AFTERMARKET.
• Manage OEM Marketing Funds to ensure best usage.
• Develop strategies to increase sales - targeted not only at discretionary purchases, but new markets and opportunities that exist for the OEM channel of distribution.
• Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct
• Develop and implement 2-year Marketing Plan to provide OEM and internal focus on base building business opportunities.
• Assist OEM's with their pricing strategy on Meritor products to ensure that their market price is appropriate while maximizing profitability.
• Determine relative strengths and weaknesses vis a vis our competitors and communicate to marketing and sales groups.
• Communicate all relevant information on programs/promotions to the field sales organization and telemarketing.
• Lead responsibility for scheduling top management reviews every 4 months.
• Represent AFTERMARKET in appropriate production discussions to minimize miscommunication while maximizing coordination.
• Spearhead efforts within OEM's to gather sales data in a format that will measure the effectiveness of Meritor's field sales organization. Evaluate technology gaps between organizations.
• Develop input for OEM newsletters.
• Maintain and update Salesforce files for designated accounts.
• Gather and analyze competitive information to assess our relative position for subsequent action determination.
• Track, monthly, the inventory positions of the OEMs Meritor product stock. Participate in SCM activities as necessary.
• Forecast sales of each OEM, monthly, utilizing historical demand and recent order add activity.
• Represent Meritor and/or coordinate Meritor representation at OEM and dealer trade shows and open houses.
• Determine significance of product changes/supersessions for each OEM and assist in any communications, inventory actions, and implementations. Implement stocking programs designed to support newer products in the field.
• Bachelor's degree; prefer marketing, business, or engineering major with minimum of (6) years' experience in sales, marketing, customer support, business, or engineering.
• Prefer Meritor automotive products experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including platform presentation, to present information and coordinate activities.
• Demonstrated organizational abilities to successfully interact, develop, maintain, and follow through on responsibilities.
• Demonstrated strong product and technical knowledge.
• Must possess high level of proficiency in MS Office Applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word)
• Ability to build profitable long-term relationships.
• Ability to travel (60%).
• The Aftermarket organization has the right to deem a person qualified for a position if that person has had one or more years' experience in the position or similar position.
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.