Sr. Buyer (Finance)
AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 18,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs.
AMETEK Powervar is a global provider of power quality solutions, headquartered in Waukegan, Illinois, with international sales and service offices in the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Italy and Germany. AMETEK Powervar is the first choice in power protection and quality. Every piece of electronic equipment in the world works better and more dependably when it's protected from spikes, blackouts, electrical noise, common-mode voltage and other power protection challenges. That's why AMETEK POWERVAR builds power solutions for virtually every place on earth.
The Senior Buyer position is responsible for procurement activities of electronic components, fabricated parts, and assemblies to support manufacturing of programmable power supplies in a high-mix environment. Ensures materials are delivered on time and to schedule and within the guidelines of company supply chain strategies.
• Ensure materials required to meet business requirements are available when required
• Control inventory levels in keeping with Company goals and procedures
• Purchase Order management-PO creation and maintenance in Oracle system, send PO's to suppliers, PO acknowledgement by supplier, PO tracking, ensure PO's are closed after delivery, audit open PO's to ensure timely receipt, and address any outstanding PO's
• Prepare and communicate data & reports of purchasing relative subjects with suppliers and internal partners including but not limited to Forecast, Open PO Report, OTD reports and MRP Pegging Report etc.
• Communicate with suppliers and internal partners to effectively resolve issues or discrepancies in a timely manner
• Negotiate price of purchased material
• Challenge and influence non-conforming and/or underperforming Suppliers
• Direct the disposition of any and all issues impeding the flow of materials required to meet business demands
• Determine optimal supply chain strategy at a tactical level for all parts
• Establish optimal supplier base working through the Commodity Managers.
• Establish optimal supply chain arrangement for each and every component requirement.
• Interpret MRP output and place purchase orders.
• Implement supply chain strategy through Warehousing and Planning at the part number level of detail.
• Trouble shoot supply chain issues and implement corrective action.
• Respond to daily shortage report.
• Purchase order administration and follow-up.
• Process supplier returns and replacements.
• Assist Accounts Payable in resolving related issues
• Complete tasks and special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration
• Relevant Supply Chain certifications (CPSM, CPIM, SPSM, CSCP) a plus
• 5+ years of increasing experience with a proven record of executing the tactical and strategic duties of the Purchasing function
• Proven track record for executing a visual replenishment (two-bin) system fed from a bonded inventory at supplier location
• Advanced computer skills. Including personal computer operation, spreadsheet capabilities, and MRP processing
• Excellent math skills related to supply chain calculations
• Advanced negotiation skills
• Ability to create and maintain relationships with key suppliers
• Excellent communication skills: Verbal communication, presentations, and business writing
AMETEK is a highly technical manufacturing company made up of 40 industry leading companies. Our mission is to solve our customers' most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions. We employee 18,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866) 263-8359.