The Crossings at Carlsbad
Junior Sous Chef at The Crossings at Carlsbad (Food Services)
The Crossings at Carlsbad, a JC Golf property, has an exciting opportunity for a fast paced, experienced Junior Sous Chef who possesses excellent teamwork skills. This role will be responsible for directly supervising the kitchen staff to ensure optimal department efficiency, productivity and quality standards.
JC Golf is a member of JC Resorts, a proven leader in the management and operation of golf and resort properties since 1971. All of our diverse facilities operate under the same vision; impeccable service without stuffiness, attention to detail without stifling formality and a superior golf course experience in a casual, yet refined setting. We are looking for passionate individuals, empowered to create wow moments and lasting memories for every guest, every time. As a family-owned business, we treat people like family and believe in the personal touch.
In addition to working at the most beautiful Southern California public golf courses, we offer competitive, progressive benefits including employee meal and discount benefits. Join our team of friendly, engaging, professionals who love the Southern California lifestyle and want to share it with our guests.
HIGHLIGHTS OF WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
• Understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
• Train, support, review, and discipline Kitchen employees, to maintain highest possible levels of employee morale and department productivity.
• Oversee the proper and efficient preparation of food for all restaurants, employee meals, banquets, and special functions, ensuring that quality and quantity standards are being met.
• Inventory and supply refrigerators as needed, to accommodate business needs
• Follow all specifications to properly set up hot or cold line stations.
• Maintain all kitchen equipment in clean, working order, at all times.
• Ensure that all areas of the kitchen are kept clean and sanitary at all times in accordance with company and UsPH standards.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to understand basic English, and to follow simple verbal directions.
• Must have some prior hotel/restaurant experience.
• Must have minimum two years prior hotel/kitchen experience, including one year supervisory experience
• Courteous, friendly and a team player.
• 401K with employer match, tuition assistance sick, holiday and vacation pay.
• Employee meals and beverages.
• Generously discounted resort hotel stays; complimentary golf rounds.
• Employee discount at resort and golf property restaurants, gift shops and golf shops.
• Discounted movie tickets, admission to local attractions, plus more!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodation related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at 855-318-8947 and/or email us at
JC Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.See job description