Internship Placement Students **Shawnee, KS** (Personal Services)
This position requires that the individual perform a variety of tasks based on the type of position or internship being offered. All volunteers shall operate in accordance with the policies determined by the Board of Directors and “shall abide by all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. All positions must be punctual in reporting for their shifts at the proper locations.
2. All positions will follow the supervisory personnel's directives when performing their tasks.
3. All positions will follow the Mirror, Inc. policies regarding safety and security measures.
4. All positions will become familiar with the personnel policies of Mirror, Inc.
5. Observation of groups.
6. Observation of individual sessions.
7. Chart groups.
8. Assist with assessments, KCPC and treatment plans.
9. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School diploma or General Educational Development certificate. If the position is that of a professional or counseling position then educational background requirements shall be dictated by that particular profession and/or funded contract.
2. Good reading, writing and communication skills.
3. Awareness of the disease of addiction.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize various tasks required by the job.
5. Experience requirements may vary with the type of job.
6. The majority of positions within Mirror, Inc. require the use of computer skills and applicants must have some knowledge of or possibly some proficiency in computer skills or experience or skills with an Electronic Health Record. Some positions require the ability to utilize a multi-line phone system while others require no specialized skills.
7. All Mirror positions must be able to pass health and security checks. Fingerprints will be taken on all volunteers and/or internship positions that have access to KDOC offenders and /or offender information. The prospective volunteer will be cleared through the proper channels. (i.e., KDOC, KBI, and FBI clearance checks.)
8. All Mirror, Inc. intern positions must adhere to the following requirement, “every employee must be free of chemical dependency for at least 2 years prior to employment.”
9. Every intern must be free of chemical dependency for at least 2 years prior to employment.
10. This position may also involve bending, walking stairs and lifting up to 40 pounds on occasion.