Fleet Science Center
Sales Associate (Sales)
Reports to: Food Service & Retail Business Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
1. Responsible for providing customer service in the science store. This includes explaining products to potential customers, assisting customers in locating merchandise, and assisting customers in selecting and purchasing items in the store. Incumbent must be knowledgeable of merchandise selection, pricing, location, and back stock.
2. Operate point of sale register/computer. Responsible for performing various point-of-sale transactions, including cash, credit card and check sales as well as refunds. Responsible for counting and balancing cash drawer at end of shift. May also be responsible for opening and closing the register, as well as cash drops.
3. Maintain orderly appearance of store, including daily cleaning, arranging, and adjusting of displays.
4. Oversee customer conduct to minimize shrinkage and damage of merchandise.
5. Prepare daily stock list, pull stock in warehouse and bring to floor.
6. Responsible for assisting in the training of new sales associates and for coordinating breaks and lunches in the absence of the lead sales associate or supervisor.
7. Assist with merchandise counts and annual inventory.
8. Answer telephone in store and assist customers as needed.
9. Read and be knowledgeable of emergency plan procedures as stated in manual.
10. Attend Employee Training Program.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION
WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: Public address system, POS computer, telephone.
Supervision, direction, or guidance provided for this position: Position performs day to day duties without direct supervision. Supervision required to set priorities, train on new responsibilities, and monitor work.
Physical Requirements of this Position:
Light Work: Position involves sitting, standing, and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
Business Location Presence: This position requires physical presence at the business location during all assigned working hours in order to adequately perform all duties.
Experience, education, or skills required of the incumbent in this position: