True Value Company
TEAM LEADER - 1ST SHIFT (Central Ship) (Sales)
The Team Leader provides guidance to a team, within a specific department or function, to ensure the efficient accomplishment of assigned operating objectives. This role supports the Supervisor in monitoring associate performance and managing work quality. Assists supervisor in communicating company policy and procedures among team members and ensuring team members adhere to stated policies and procedures.
Scheduled Days: Sunday Start Time: 1pm to 6pm
Monday through Wed Start Time: 9am to 6pm
Thursday Start Time: 9am to 5pm
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
1. Meets or exceeds set standards for productivity and quality in the productive function to which he/she is assigned
2. Assists the supervisor in supervising team members and completes specific duties in the Supervisor's absence.
3. Assists supervisor with conducting associate training and defining job requirements.
4. Assists the Supervisor in coordinating workflow with other members of the RDC /Cary leadership team.
5. Clarifies operating policies, procedures, and safety requirements to team members.
6. Promotes high employee morale through an active, fair, and consistent application of policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
· 1-3 years of experience, preferably in Distribution, Manufacturing, Warehouse, or similar industry.
· Working knowledge of industry specific applications - EX, ADS
· Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Basic math and reading skills
Licenses & Certifications: N/A
· Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking.
· Able to work all overtime hours.
· Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day, walk 5 to 10 miles a day, bend, reach, twist, and lift.
· Continually lift, handle rotate and carry from one to seventy-five pounds. Lift from the floor to five feet high.
· Normal physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver body while in place.
· Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place-to-place on the job taking distances and speed into account.
· Normal endurance to complete the essential functions of the position
· The work is typically active and physical in nature and requires normal accessibility to all work sites required of the position. The position may require extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
· The position is typically working in areas where air conditioning is unavailable and may be exposed to chemicals that are routinely present in the Company's warehouse facilities.Operations