Wilton Industries, Inc.
National Account Manager (Marketing)
Wilton is Heritage US brand with a 90-year history of deep baking and decorating expertise with an historic focus in the craft channel.15 years of private equity (PE) ownership caused drastic changes to the business and its culture. Acquired by Dr. Oetker (family owned German conglomerate) as an expansion into the US market, 18 months after the acquisition, Dr. Oetker and the new Leadership are looking to define the future of Wilton brands to become the most important, influential and successful cake and dessert brands in the USA.. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
The National Account Manager primary lead for Channel and Customer strategy and growth; coordinates company priorities cross functionally and with the assigned customer. The NAM is responsible for achieving forecast and market share goals in assigned account(s) through the development and implementation of business plans including distribution, pricing, promotion, and shelf management. Serves as the key point of contact for all sales activities and serves as a business consultant to the customer.
• Responsible for managing and developing sales for assigned accounts while partnering internally with Product Development, Operations, Category Management, Marketing Services, Demand Planning, Sales Operations and Sales Strategy to identify, process and execute all business needs/opportunities from program implementation and up through the data to day management of all required phases for assigned accounts within established territory.
• Must achieve assigned account budget and business plans. Ensures business plans are aligned with company strategy Including:
• Manage internal & external partnerships including Wilton cross functional, Brokers, Distributors, Wholesalers. Develop communication processes to facilitate effective role performance
• Develop accurate financial and demand planning sales forecasts based on customer knowledge and ongoing business trends; working directly with Sales Operations
• Negotiates successfully and revolves conflicts while achieving sales revenue goals.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Recruit, hire, training, coach, assess and motivate a diverse team of successful performers when appropriate.
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor's degree is required in business, marketing or related field
• 8-10 years prior experience working with/selling to warehouse clubs, specialty retailers, grocery, mass, & craft retailers with at least 3+ in direct sales. Category Management experience a plus.
• Extensive knowledge working with/selling to Club Channel and Specialty/Alternative Channel Retailers
• Demonstrated leadership in achieving outstanding sales results through others, with or without direct authority
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to analyze complex data and translate into actionable items at the strategic and tactical levels. Deliver major strategic and initiative-based projects.
• Work successfully in the matrix environment; able to build positive working relationships
• Ability to independently operate a computer including Microsoft Office, web applications and a variety of statistical data sources
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist.