Teaching Assistant - 10 Month Position Utica, PA (Full-Time) (Education)
St. Stephen's Lutheran Academy is an educational option for students in grades K through 12 who require specialized educational programs due to behavioral health, academic and developmental concerns. Our innovative programs are designed to help students succeed academically and behaviorally. Creating an environment for therapeutic progress is paramount to achieving success for students. Our philosophy is that every interaction with a child is an opportunity to help them learn, grow and heal.
Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in human service, psychology, or education field or a High School diploma and a minimum of one year experience working with children and/or adolescents preferably in an education or mental health setting.
Must have audio/visual/verbal skills to provide supervision for clients and to perform essential job functions.
Must have physical dexterity in order to assist in client physical interventions if necessary.
Must complete and pass agency Crisis/Physical Intervention training.
Must have the ability to continually exercise discretion and judgment in performing job responsibilities.
Must be able to adjust hours to job requirements.
Must have access to a telephone.
Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Must be at least age 21 due to need to transport students/clients.
Must be eligible for PA State Police Clearance, PA Child Abuse History clearance, FBI clearance and Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form.
POSITION PROFICIENCIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists teacher with classroom management.
2. Completes required paperwork in a timely fashion.
3. Maintains appropriate boundaries with students, staff and parents.
4. Builds healthy, therapeutic relationships with students.
5. Possesses professional communication skills that include awareness of all school communications.
6. Attends all required agency and program trainings.
7. Meets with Supervisor on a regular basis.
8. Practices the principles of PBIS and Sanctuary models of intervention.
9. In collaboration with the classroom teacher, conducts a Strengths-Needs-Cultural-Discovery (SNCD) on every student.
Utica, PA, United States
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply via our careers page at http://www.gladerun.org/careers. This is the first step in our application process. Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 4,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings.