Materials Manager (Marketing)
• Process and manage customer orders/demand to ensure customer demands are accurately represented.
• Establish daily production schedules to be sure customer on-time deliveries are met.
• Assist in determining weekly and monthly inventory levels to ensure monthly inventory turns and balances are maintained.
• Track departmental performances or order scheduling, on-time deliveries, inventory levels, etc.
• Identify manufacturing constraints affecting plant performance and suggest ways to correct the situation.
• Provide overall department leadership to the warehouse and kitting areas assuring all deliveries to customers are accurate and on-time.
• Record retention and management per Meritor policies.
• Implementation and management of cycle count and skip lot audit.
• Identify and reduce or eliminate excessive or obsolete materials.
• Identify and reduce or eliminate waste, optimizing floor space and inventory in process levels.
• Implement various engineering changes within the production scheduling group.
• Identify and implement cost savings opportunities within the operation.
• Provide guidance and training for all subordinate personnel.
• Evaluate each subordinate's yearly performance to determine the level of training needed to attain future goals.
• Mentor and develop the individuals within the materials department for personal and professional growth.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management required.
• Minimum of 8 years manufacturing experience required, with at least a minimum of 6 years in materials required.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience supervisory experience required.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems required, preferably oracle.
• Global Supply chain experience preferred.
• Automotive experience preferred.
• Lean Material flow qualifications preferred. (Six Sigma Greenbelt or Lean)