Assistant Actuary (Information Technology)
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
KEY OBJECTIVE: This position provides actuarial support for Actuarial Reserving in North America and reports to a Reserves manager. The primary responsibility is to successfully complete assigned reserve studies on a quarterly basis.
***There is the opportunity for this position to be remote.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performing appropriate reconciliation of data
• Using and understanding relevant actuarial methodologies
• Presentation and discussion of results with business partners and others outside the department
• Documenting the results in a clear and concise memorandum to Management
• Preparing booking actions, as well as quarter-close information and analysis
• Project management for department efforts
• Ensuring professionalism and adherence to actuarial principles and company practices
• Depending on assignments and staffing, take responsibility for work product of an entry-level student
• Other reserving or reporting related assignments or projects that may arise
• Technical actuarial knowledge consistent with more than 4 years of experience
• ACAS preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• Detail oriented
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Reliability to achieve quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work products
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.