Quality Engineer (Marketing)
Job Flexibility -
On-site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Why work for us
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
The Quality Engineer plans and conducts activities associated with the quality assurance and quality control of plant industrial and business processes, materials and products. The QE will support Meritor's commitment to customer in accordance with customer requirements.
• Must have a fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems,
and professional ethics.
• Must be able to understand and apply all APQP tools.
• Train workforce as needed in analytical problem solving techniques, quality (control) plans, FMEAS etc.
• Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities.
• Solves quality problems by means of statistical techniques, problem solving and other quality tools as needed.
• Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and trains and motivates staff in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
• Must have a fundamental understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation, and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements.
• Must be able to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem solving.
• Must have a thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements.
• Ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation.
• Willingness to travel as needed for supplier development and to investigate customer issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science, preferably in engineering.
• Five years or more quality training and experience.
• Three years experience in one or more branches of quality assurance in the automotive or a related field of manufacturing. Certifications in quality engineering (CQE) and quality auditing (CQA) preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with the ISO 9001 standard.
• Skilled in statistical quality assurance, layout inspection and gage calibration.
• Demonstrated experience working with teams and leading others.
• The Plainfield Facility has the right to deem a person qualified for a position if that person has had one or more years experience in the position or similar position.
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.