Tool & Die Maker (Project Management)
1. Reads and interprets blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions or from the part to be copied or fitted.
2. Plans the setup and operation of all types of machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants and machine tool feed and speeds.
3. Heat treats as required.
4. Determines specifications for inspection of work, using precision measuring and gauging tools performing required inspection before, during and after machining.
5. Performs hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Uses hand tools of the trade.
6. Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Sets up, runs off and tests dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting same.
1. May assist machinists and millwrights in punch press overhaul.
2. May work with product designers providing input to manufacturing capability on newly formed products.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Completion of formal apprenticeship program or completion of in-company 5-year training program to satisfaction of Plant Training Committee.
2. Journey level machines may qualify for the Tool and Die Maker after the completion of one year of further training in tool and die work, as approved by the Stamping Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
1. High school graduate
2. 5 years experience in Tool and Die making
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .