Security Supervisor (Security)
This is a working supervisor position where the Security Supervisor will be responsible for the safety and security of the Len-brook campus and supervise daily operations of other personnel doing the same. Duties include providing exceptional customer service in an upscale living environment, monitoring access control and surveillance systems, patrolling the campus on foot, and responding to emergencies.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Ability and availability to work all shifts.
• Maintain knowledge of Lenbrook emergency procedures and serve as first responder to emergencies
• Serve at Concierge Desk and operate a busy multi-line phone console
• Obtain extensive knowledge about Lenbrook operations to answer questions competently
• Provide exceptional customer service to all personality types and be able to coach same
• Prepare written reports regarding incidents of theft, injury, property damage or other incidents relating to infraction
of law, company policy, or breach of security, and oversee other staff doing the same.
• Greet and assist visitors and residents in a friendly, professional, and helpful manner
• Conduct briefings with staff to inform Security Officers about pertinent events of the day
• Actively participate in associate evaluations and progress reports
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Assist with interviewing/hiring new Security Officers
• Assist with orientation, training, and development of new staff.
• Provide input in periodic focus groups to discuss department motivation/morale program, staff development program, Security Policy/Procedure
• Patrol premises to ensure they are secure; may need to navigate ladders, ramps and stairs, as well as run on occasion
• Enforce policies, rules, and regulations that govern Lenbrook
• Monitor surveillance equipment, inspect buildings, equipment and access points
• Keep mental alertness and attention to detail high, no matter the circumstances
• Follow established security protocols while using initiative and good judgment
• Be able to schedule Security staff to cover shifts on a weekly basis.
• Observe and follow uniform policy and cleanliness standards
• Ability to pass a written competency test annually (>80% correct)
• Perform light maintenance duties upon request
• Carry out other duties as assigned by superiors.
Education and Experience Required:
• Associate's Degree, 2 years of completed college/university education, or 4 years of supervisor experience.
• CPR/AED certification – currently have or be willing to obtain.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in upscale service-oriented position, preferably with seniors.
Skills and Aptitude Required:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent judgement and critical thinking skills
• Maintain positive attitude and professional demeanor under pressure and with numerous interruptions
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication
• Excellent ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt well
• Remain calm in stressful situations
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new programs