MODE Transportation, LLC
Cargo Claims Specialist II (Administrative)
We are seeking an experienced Cargo Claims Specialist to join our growing Claims team!
The Claims Professional is responsible managing new cargo, and property claims from inception to closure as well as monitoring and administering existing claims of the same variety. The position will entail filing and resolving claims, fielding calls from internal and external customers, communicating with insurance companies, carriers, salvage companies, insurance adjusters, and shippers & receivers.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
• Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Other Requirements: Minimum 5 years insurance or adjusting experience or demonstrated equivalent. Experience in transportation, freight forwarding, or logistics industry encouraged., specifically CARGO claims experience. Adjuster license preferred but not required with requisite industry experience. Experience with LTL trucking operations a plus. Must be able to multi-task with impeccable organization skills.
MODE Transportation (“MODE”) is part of MODE Global, LLC, one of the top 10 non-asset based transportation and logistics businesses in North America. Across more than 200 locations, MODE provides personalized transportation, freight, and logistics solutions for land, air, and sea. The company's shipping expertise encompasses truckload, LTL, intermodal, air, ocean, small parcel and supply chain solutions to ensure that every need is met. MODE operates across a diverse set of industries including food & beverage, consumer products, industrial, medical, automotive, chemical, and retail.
At MODE, we're dedicated to providing our employees with a working environment where they can flourish professionally and personally. You can expect an inclusive and supportive workplace where people help each other succeed. Our benefits package is exceptional, including medical, dental, and vision with flexible time off policies. We believe in the future of our employees, so we offer a generous match to your 401k plan. With locations all across the United States, you can join us in providing transportation and logistics solutions to our customers.
MODE Global is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.