Chandler Hall Health Services Inc
FT Day Shift Cert Nursing Assistant (Healthcare)
Care Partners provide direct care to meet the social, physical, recreational, emotional and spiritual needs of the residents. This role is responsible for working as a team member, for assisting co-workers and mangers in the pursuit of service excellence, and for following both organizational and regulatory policies and procedures.
1. Acts as a preceptor to new Care Partners
2. Communicates any resident needs between shifts.
3. Takes a positive and proactive approach addresses any issues. Report to the nurse as appropriate. Acts as a resource and support to volunteers and C.N.A. students and promote a sense of welcome
4. Maintains necessary documentation.
5. Obtains necessary supplies for the resident and is accountable for billing appropriately.
6. Reports all grievances or complaints to the nurse.
7. Assists resident in all aspects of personal care including: hygiene and showering, oral and hair care, continence care, lifting and transporting etc. Assists residents with rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
8. Observes and reports any skin breakdowns or any injuries of an unknown source.
9. Reports any resident physical or environmental concerns (room temperature, lighting etc.)
10. Assists to facilitate appropriate activities that meet the needs of the residents. Reviews social histories of residents to increase knowledge of interests. Accommodates physical challenges. Assists in encouraging activity participation. Facilitates programs in a respectful interactive manner.
11. Takes on new assignments as needed to meet the demands of the resident population
12. Lifts, moves, transfers and transports residents using proper body mechanics for accident prevention
13. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested
14. Completes all documentation on care given to residents i.e. intake & output, bath record, bowel and bladder, meal completion, ADLs etc.
15. Keep CPR and License up to date and bring it in before expiration
16. Assists in maintain a safe, neat and clean environment
17. Communicates and interacts effectively with all residents
18. Answers resident call bells in a timely manner
See job description