Pike Electric, Inc
Engineer II- Substation Physical-Exp. Electric Utility Substation Design (Engineering)
Position Overview: This is the second level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
Please note: This electrical engineering position is in the Substation Physical Engineering group within the Transmission & Substation division of Pike Engineering. This position will work closely with clients, engineering departments, and CAD Designers in the development of High-voltage Substation Engineering Design packages for electric utility clients. See desired qualifications below.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under some direct supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• Received a passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
• Ability to become registered as a Professional Engineer within 12-18 months.
• Understanding of basic principles of project management
• 1 - 3 years of electrical utility substation design experience (as an intern, employee, contractor, or consultant) with a general knowledge of the physical
design of substations 23 kV and higher.
• General knowledge of electrical and physical layout of the substation equipment
(circuit breakers, transformers, disconnect switches, bus, etc.)
• General knowledge of NESC and IEEE