Operational Excellence Manager (Project Management)
This position is accountable to develop and implement continuous improvement (CI) strategies that drive productivity and savings across the EIP Business Unit. The Operational Excellence Manager will be responsible for driving quick improvements in targeted departments while working with various stake holders towards sustainable long-term improvements and building CI bench strength within the departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with Operations, Engineering, and Sales to develop Continuous Improvement strategies that directly support BU goals
2. Identify and manage the list of projects that compose Material, VA/VE, and Other OpEx savings opportunities.
3. Lead strategic initiatives for cost reduction, quality improvement and operational efficiency
4. Ability to work within the plants at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach as the lead change facilitator for the operation's Continuous Improvement efforts.
5. Facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging their strong interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills.
6. Provide leadership, mentoring and training to project teams on the use and practice of Lean methodologies and tools.
7. Identify and drive Kaizens and focused Continuous Improvements events to implement improvement initiatives working closely with Manufacturing managers and operators.
8. Develop and create reports to measure progress and report Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to the Management Team
9. Maintain a self-improvement program through conferences, seminars, courses and readings to continue to develop expertise in Lean manufacturing and Operational Excellence. Mentor, coach and instruct key talent in the organization.
10. Other duties as assigned.
BS or MS, preferably in Materials, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, with experience in manufacturing operations. Past process improvement experience in a manufacturing industry (for example, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, metals, machinery, etc). Experience with Glass to Metal Sealing (GTMS), ceramics, metal alloys, high precision machining, plating, brazing, and hermetic products is preferred.
A proven track record of improving internal operations through the application of Six Sigma, Lean, RCCA, FMEA, Poka-Yoke, and Kaizen initiatives. The Operational Excellence Manager will work closely with Operations, Engineering, and Sales to drive continuous improvement projects across the business.
Demonstrated self-motivation, pro-activeness, time management skills, superior work habits and business acumen. Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Ability to adapt to altering situations, to persist despite setbacks, and to get things done. Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and multitask so that deadlines can be met.
The proven ability to work productively with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization. Demonstrated skills in PC office applications such as: MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Experience in a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment focused on connectors and electronic packages.
2. Practical experience implementing Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
3. Strong communication, project management, Influencing and negotiation skills.
4. Ability to read prints, specifications, schematics, drawings and other technical documentation
5. Experience using the Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
6. Familiarity and experience using ERP
7. Firm understanding of accounting principles as they apply to a manufacturing business (std cost, absorption, PPV, etc.)
Internal Applicants Only
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .