OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Sales)
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting and attaining new, profitable business in addition to maximizing business with existing accounts. This salesperson will spend significant time in the field, cold calling, prospecting leads and following-up with the goal of acquiring and maintaining permanent, repeat customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a targeted business approach through the use of applicable reports, manager feedback and territory understanding
• Utilize required organizational tools and resources to properly schedule and report sales targets and activity daily
• Communicate regularly with the Outside Sales Manager
• Greet and assist customers promptly and professionally; develop relationships
• Answer the phone promptly, listen carefully, and assist in a friendly and helpful manner
• Always return phone messages and emails promptly
• Provide excellent customer service
• Process all estimates, orders, and invoices according to Ashby protocol and in a timely fashion
• Get deposits on all cash special orders (minimum 50%) or Sales Manager approval if otherwise
• Confirm charge accounts are in good standing when processing a special order
• Get confirmations on special orders; review and submit to Inventory Department
• Provide complete and correct paperwork for receiving
• Communicate clearly with the dispatcher and provide complete and correct paperwork for all deliveries, vendor will calls, and credit pickups
• Maintain an organized filing system that can be followed in your absence
SALES FOLLOW UP
• Review, update and process all open orders on a daily basis
• Follow up on estimates with calls to customers to check status
• Track special order credit returns to ensure timely pick up and processing by vendor
• Complete daily reports addressing: delivery & PO dates, credits, missing deposits, OK to fills, etc.
• Address any problems promptly and thoroughly; involve Sales Manager when needed
INVENTORY AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
• Coordinate any stock material needs with the appropriate buyers
• Continue expanding product knowledge
• Give input on development of new items
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accept direction on given assignments
• Ability to work in a cooperative manner as part of a team
• Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
• Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health/safety and company policies and procedures
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Operate a variety of standard office machines: computer and computer software, including Microsoft Office, phone, fax, shredding, and copy machines
• Maintain a positive attitude, be very flexible, adapt to change and help solve problems
• Sit/stand for 8 hours per day
• Use hands and fingers to manipulate keys on a keyboard
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
• Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vehicles
• Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. occasionally; must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
• Horizontal reaching with arms and hands is required; occasionally must climb or balance
• All mobility motions are required (standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and climbing)
• Range of motion and physical activity occurring randomly throughout work day
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your Supervisor, the General Managers, or Owners.
You will be evaluated based upon your performance of the objectives, duties, and responsibilities listed in this job description, accomplishment of other tasks as assigned, as well as adherence to Ashby Lumber's Policies as outlined in the Employee Manual. You're Supervisor or the Manager has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or Ashby Lumber may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.