Title Researcher I (Legal)
When you work at Stewart, you're part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dream of property ownership a reality around the world. Whether we're providing residential and commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services or specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver comprehensive service, deep expertise and innovative customer solutions by way of our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. Join our team and discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC) impacts lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estate services and solutions; we provide the security for building communities and dreams.
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities.™ More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
The title researcher is responsible to provide accurate and professional title commitments, maintain high level of productivity and products, assess risk and liabilities in accordance with policy provisions, and provide title opinions based on the facts and documentation.
• Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
• Research respective title plant software, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any conjunction to title
• Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers
• Recognize title defects and formulate curative equipments
• Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager, state title manager or underwriter, as appropriate
• Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis
• Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable
• Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions
• Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
• Perform other duties assigned by manager
Role Specific Knowledge
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Access, SureClose, Title Workplace, Internet software, and Contact Management systems
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Basic understanding of risks and liabilities of titles
• Good written communication and presentation skills
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
• Completion of a High School diploma
• Possession of a Valid State Producer's License
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the title industry which includes experience in understanding title orders.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.