Silver Ridge Management
Maintenance Manager (Maintenance)
Complete regular maintenance tasks and perform minor fixes to ensure compliance within state and federal regulations.
· Selects, plans, assigns, supervises and evaluates the work of department employees.
Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed
Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
Maintain grounds, including garden and yard upkeep, trimming, edging, mowing lawn, collecting trash, etc.
Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems
Test the functionality of the facility's safety systems
Collaborate with a team of workers and other professionals during renovations or facility expansions
Report accordingly regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Ensure all machinery is up to working standards and performing quality checks of all machinery, tools, equipment, etc.
Assess current maintenance work processes, to optimize efficiency
Use data analysis to help prepare for and prevent future problems
Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs
Troubleshoot problem areas and create a clear plan of action for fixing necessary parts
Create a work environment with safety as a high priority
Select and contract specialists on larger maintenance related projects
Maintain vendor relationships and order new materials as needed
Create and adhere to maintenance budgets
Enforce all health and safety rules and regulations according to state/federal laws and company protocol
Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· 5+ years relevant experience in maintenance with at least 2 years of supervisor experience
· Strong knowledge of fire & life safety code for long term care
· Extensive knowledge in a variety of mechanical systems
· Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and heating systems
· Skilled with a variety of hand and power tools
· Experience managing multiple vendors
· Ability to consistently maintain positive client & employee relationships
· Can effectively and efficiently handle both administrative and mechanical responsibilities
· Makes safety a priority at all times
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
· Obtain and maintain DPS fingerprint clearance card, CPR certification
· Participate in infection control testing as required by Federal, State and Local regulations, such as TB or COVID testing.
· Physical stamina and physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to twist, bend and kneel through shift; able to pick up debris from the floor
· Must be able to work with chemicals, infectious waste, diseases and communicable diseases.
· Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
· Frequent use of mechanical equipment that has moving mechanical parts and vibration.
· Regularly required to talk, hear and read.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds throughout the day and to lift and carry up to 100 pounds on occasion
· Work is subject to call-back or on call status and irregular schedules including weekends and holidays
· Friendly polite and courteous demeanor
· Able to take directions
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Work and cooperate as part of a team