Stewart & Stevenson Power Products LLC
Specialist, Parts (Sales)
Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment to external customers in parts store or internal customers in repair shop.
* Read online catalogs and use the enterprise resource planning (ERP) software in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
* Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
* Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
* Fill parts store and repair shop customer orders from stock.
* Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
* Add sale to work order for invoicing.
* Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
* Take inventory of stock.
* Advise external or internal customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
* Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
* Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
* Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
* Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
* Place new merchandise on display.
* Measure parts, using precision measuring instruments, in order to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required sizes.
* Calculate and provide sales quotes to customers on orders.
* Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the department.
* Handle customer problems, issues or complaints.
* Educate customers on other products or services that may meet their needs, and persuade external customers to purchase such products or services.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two to four years related experience required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Oracle experience preferred.
Certificates & Licenses N/A
Prior sales and customer service/support training and experience preferred. Prior experience in a retail environment preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description