Quality Engineer - 10K Sign-on Bonus (Marketing)
• Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
The Quality Engineer is the management representative who plans, coordinates and directs quality program designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of productions consistent with established standards. The Quality Engineer provides support in carrying out plant wide Quality Functions to meet customer requirements through coaching, training, guiding, directing, consulting and teaching Quality and Manufacturing personnel. The Quality Engineer shall ensure that operation's suppliers know and comply with the fundamental quality system requirements established by Meritor, Inc. in providing goods or services to the Manning facility. They shall support Manning Plant and HVS specific Quality Engineering functions that are essential at Product Development, Product Manufacturing, Product Quality Assurance, Supplier Quality Assurance and customer satisfaction. Responsible for quality.
• Ensures that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
• Reports to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
• Has the responsibility for product quality and shall have the authority to stop production to correct quality problems.
• Advance Quality Planning
• Process FMEA
• Manufacturing Process Improvement / Support Continuous Improvement
• Statistical Problem Solving Techniques
• Advanced Statistical Techniques, such as D.O.E.
• Coordinate Customer Design Control / QA Functions
• Resolve Customer Complaints; issues and communication of the results
• Develop suppliers by support of their facility management, processes, quality systems, and QA personnel to make products that meet or exceed Meritor, Inc. and customer needs.
• Approve supplier control plans ensuring that the supplier has met the production and quality requirements for specific components or services provided.
• Approve PPAP (ISIR/ISLR) sample submission reports in support of continuous improvements and supplier resourcing efforts.
• Practice continuous improvement philosophy, and problem prevention type activities. Assist in 8-D corrective action response follow-up as required, for problem resolution.
• Conduct quality systems audits to qualify supplier's facilities, and assure that the product or services requested by Meritor, Inc. can be achieved or provided.
• Develop suppliers, and their products or services, to achieve “skip-lot” Certified Supplier Status.
• Make disposition on Supplier Engineering Deviation Request, and Manning Plant initiated Engineering Deviation Requests.
• Possess the ability to read and understand organic metallic and process specifications. Know how to access specifications.
• Provide liaison product support, and interface with customers suppliers, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing on quality related issues.
• Maintain IATF Quality System, as acting IATF Champion for assigned IATF elements.
• Ensures the safety of others through his/her own actions and monitoring the actions of others.
• Ensures that all safe work practices are followed per the Health and Safety Management System.
• Adhere to good safety and housekeeping practices
• Other duties as necessary to support business needs
• Bachelors degree in Business, Science, Arts Science, or Engineering required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years quality activities experience required (Internship, Co-op experience included)
• Experience in inspection and testing, gauge control and calibration system and Metrology required.
• Experience in customer interface required.
• APQP/PFEMA/Control plan, Measurement Systems analysis required
• ISO 9001;2015 and/or IATF 16949; 2016 experience required
• Cross-functional management skills, computer skill equal to the job requirements, communications skills are required
• Understand blueprints required
• Corrective action/8D process required
• Advanced Quality Planning preferred
• D.O.E. (Designed of Experiments) preferred
• ASQ Certification preferred
• Certified Quality Engineer preferred
• Quality Auditor Certification preferred.
• Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt preferred
• IATF Assessor Training Certificate preferred
• American Society for Quality Certifications preferred
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.