Alfa Laval Inc
Team Manager - Production (Project Management)
Main purpose of the job / Mission: Drive customer order execution within the team according to agreed plan and in line with the priorities: safety, quality, delivery and cost. Maintain a high floor presence to see and reduce the waste from the processes and to make the teams successful.
· Secure safety of the people, processes and manufactured/delivered products (quality, delivery, cost).
- Run capacity & scheduling meetings with other team managers and team leaders - Escalate and work closely with other support functions to ensure the resources (man/machine/material) for short & long period of time.
-Secure the quality, via SOP (standard operating procedures) writing , auditing and updating time to time.
- High shop floor presence (@70-80% of the available time) to drive performance of the team and employees and improvement activities like 5S, KAIZENs etc.
- Manage own cost accounts like people cost, consumables, repairs, rework etc.
- Drive performance meetings, improvement meetings and related activities.
- Control quality, deviations and line stops.
- Set and follow up targets for the team and each employee, broken down from unit level.
- Execute perform audits according to ALPS (Alfa Laval Production System).
- Maintain the inventory accuracy in primary areas of work by working closely with the team leads and cycle counter and make the necessary improvements.
- Run improvement activities in the areas of ergonomics, standard times, rework & scrap etc to support the business processes.
- Develop owns and teams standard work for the primary areas.
Be a result driven leader who likes to be present in the organization
Drive result through people especially execution.
Able to handle the complexity with the pace.
Be open and communicative
Able to drive the change initiatives & be part of it.
Qualifications & experience:
Bachelors degree in an Mechanical/Industrial/production Engineering.
Leadership and management skills
2-4 years of experience from relevant area in a production/manufacturing company
Experience from improvement tools, e g Lean manufacturing (5S, Six Sigma, Kaizen)
Experience with manufacturing MRP / ERP systems