Rental Outside Sales Rep (Sales)
Requisition #: 17662
Shift : 1
Start Time : 8:00am
End Time : 5:00pm
Schedule Days : Monday - Friday
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)
Successfully rent equipment as measured by actual rental volume compared to the rental potential of the assigned territory. Generate rental and sales leads in an assigned geographic territory. Rent equipment on a profitable basis as measured by gross profit on each sale and cumulative gross profit at fiscal year end.
1. Utilizes dodge reports and other tools to penetrate prospects in the biding phase.
2. Collects and enters in Upshot; competitive information regarding lost rents, pricing, customer saturation.
3. Maintains current account awareness in all phases.
4. Searches and identifies rental opportunities.
5. Participates in customer events (demo days, tours etc.)
6. Maintains an understanding of merchandising programs.
7. Takes initiative in resolving customer disputes in a timely manner.
8. Meets established goals for quantity of customer calls.
9. Utilizes Rental coordinator's phone logs to generate follow up calls.
10. Provides Sales support when necessary.
11. Works within and promotes corporate values.
1. Must maintain current driver license and be available to travel.
2. Must have an In-depth knowledge of CAT product line.
3. Must be able to comprehend equipment specifications, price lists, and reference material.
4. Must perform common sales calculations quickly and accurately.
5. Must have ability to develop in-depth experience in capital sales.
6. Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to work cooperatively with people and influence sales/rental transactions.
7. Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
1. Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
2. Minimum 2 years experience in Rental Sales.
3. Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
2. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
3. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
3. The noise level in the work environment is usually office moderate.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment