Drivetrain Manager (Marketing)
• Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Why work for us
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
Directs and coordinates activities of one or more departments in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
• Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing, and coordinating all department activities to develop and implement long range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
• Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
• Confers with Site Manager and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from status, and conditions.
• Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis.
• Oversees Engineering and Maintenance to design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
• Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
• Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis: for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning, and submittal for capital expenditures.
• Provides on-going support for union-free environment through accessibility, responsiveness, and consistent application of policies/procedures.
• Accountable for leading team in work process improvements to attain AOP objectives. Coach team members for increased performance, counsel and take corrective action when necessary.
• Develop and promote an environment where team members coach other team members to the point where teams/employees are empowered.
• Ensure compliance to the annual performance review process. Manage and address performance issues as they occur.
• Lead departmental and cross-functional task/project teams.
• Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and train and motivate employees in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of 5 - 7 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing /warehouse environment.
• Knowledge and/or experience of using and maintaining machining equiptment (Wash Systems, Torques, Steel Abrasive Systems, etc.)
• Lean experience
• Previous Remanufacturing experience preferred
• Strong computer skills
• Strong People Management Skills
• Proven Track Record
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.