Arcosa Specialty Materials is searching for a Sr. Process Engineer for our Norman, Oklahoma business headquarters. Arcosa Specialty Materials contains businesses that mine, mill, process, and distribute expanded shale and clay lightweight aggregates, natural aggregates, and other specialized minerals, including, gypsum, limestone, and anhydrite. ASM has mines and manufacturing plants across the U.S., largely serving the building products, infrastructure, and agriculture market segments.
What You'll Do:
• Promote a safe work environment and safe job performance by actively participating in business safety programs and activities.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and direction for the Process Engineering area in a manner consistent with Arcosa's common values and ensure alignment with individual site and business goals.
• Provide comprehensive technical assistance for all process areas to optimize plant equipment performance and utilize technical expertise to continuously determine, evaluate and improve equipment/system performance.
• Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions which reduce downtime and conserve energy and maintenance costs.
• Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems.
• Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities and opportunities, requires the incumbent to spend time in the field, enter equipment as required.
• Contribute to plant budgeting process and accountable for continuous improvement of defined KPI's, including development and administration of process department technical plans and activities.
• Determines the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes. Conducts those tests.
• Supports, demonstrates and facilitates the concepts of continuous learning and continuous improvement in a values-based high-performance organization.
• Serve as trainer/coach to develop comprehensive process knowledge throughout the operating manufacturing plants.
• Perform technical, economic, and operational feasibility analysis on proposed modifications, additions, or changes to site processes.
• Familiarity with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and programming, data acquisition systems (DAS), and plant control systems required.
• Identify and implement projects that improve quality and/or reduces plant operating costs.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in either an engineering, mathematical, and or chemistry disciplines; five to seven years related experience and/or training in manufacturing plant operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in multiple locations.
• Language Skills
• Highly developed ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, engineering and chemistry documentation or governmental regulations. Must have demonstrated ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals or training manuals and then be able to effectively present information in such a manner that others can use it in a practical sense. Must be able to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills
• This position requires an advanced ability to work with, manipulate and interpret advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, plane and solid geometry, trigonometry, chemistry, and advanced engineering formulae. The incumbent must have the ability to apply these interpretations to practical real-world processes.
• Reasoning Ability
• Must be above average. Ability to solve practical yet complex problems considering a variety of relevant variables simultaneously in order to arrive at the best overall solution and these variables include but are not limited to cost, chemistry, process, engineering, environmental impacts, maintenance. The incumbent must be able to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and data furnished in written, oral, diagram, visual form from being in the field observing equipment condition and operation, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word. Familiarity with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and programming, data acquisition systems (DAS), and plant control systems required.