Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Executive Meeting Manager (Marketing)
Job Description SummaryThe principal role of this position is to generate revenues in the “meetings” market by handling all small meeting inquiries, prospecting, and soliciting both new and repeat clients. To be the primary liaison with the hotel operations team and provide consistent feedback with key departments to ensure client success.
Some of the duties associated with this position are:
• Respond to leads and solicit past business
• Develop proposals, contracts, and BEO's
• Handle site inspections for prospective clients
• Be available on site for client arrivals, meetings,and events
• Aggressively pursue new accounts on a weekly basis
• Actively participate in industry-related organizations
The Executive Meetings Manager (EMM), position will handle all small meeting bookings using up to 35 rooms on peak night, in all market segments except Tour & Travel. Will handle sales and services function via telephone and email along with traditional methods such as fax and US Mail. Aggressive mentality and multitasking are key to daily routine. Ability to honor tight deadlines is a must while soliciting group business for the hotel. Maximize profits of the hotel through creative and selective selling. Work closely with the Sales, Catering, AV, Banquets, Front Office and Food/Beverage departments to handle all client or event needs from the beginning to the end including but not limited to guestroom accommodations, amenities, VIP arrangements, rooming list, arrival/departure patterns, payment methods, vendors, organization of shipment, transportation, on/off site activities, transportation, menus and all other F/B needs, AV requirements, etc., and any additional tasks as deemed necessary by the Assistant Director of Sales.
Special Qualifications, Education or Licenses:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Ability to:
2. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental, divisional, and hotel policies, procedures, and standards.
3. Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
4. Meet or exceed the assigned monthly booking quota in the assigned market.
5. Assist in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals in sales, profit and occupancy for the total hotel operation.
6. Maintain positive working relationships with the Houston Convention and Visitor's Bureau and the Convention Center staff, as well as all lead sources.
7. Qualification and solicitation of existing and new accounts through:
Participation in promotional events
Participation in industry and community events, as well as trade shows
10. Regular contact with future definite meetings.
11. Be able to enter and retrieve all appropriate information from the Delphi System.
12. Maximize occupancy and average rate of the hotel through creative and selective selling.
13. Accurately report the month-end, year-to-date room night, and revenue accounts to Corporate Executive members, for revenue increasing opportunities and possible action plans.
14. Maintain accurate Delphi computer information on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts.
15. Any other duties reasonably assigned by the supervisor.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.