Janitor (EEI) (Maintenance)
Are you looking to be part of the team for a non-profit, where our passion and purpose is to provide job skills training, a compassionate culture, and employment opportunities for disabled veterans and other people with disabilities? If you are an experienced Janitor, please consider applying for this position within our company.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Janitor is responsible for cleaning and maintaining buildings, indoor restrooms and/or outdoor restrooms, receptacles, and/or parking areas. Removes debris and keeps areas neat and tidy. Vacuums and buffs floors, shampoos carpets, empties trash receptacles, and replace lining of trash cans. Maintains constant monitoring of cleanliness to ensure company standards are correctly maintained. Must communicate in a courteous and professional manner with customers. Maintains constant monitoring of cleanliness to ensure company standards are correctly maintained, while using the appropriate supplies and equipment in a responsible and efficient manner.
***** Due to contract requirements, priority will be given to persons with disabilities. *****
• Use cleaning equipment, including automatic floor machines, commercial vacuums, wet mops, large wringers and other necessary equipment, tools, chemicals and supplies.
• Dry and wet mop floors, scrub and buff floors with rotor and other machines, vacuum carpets to clean and control bacteria, transport trash from utility rooms and other collection points.
• Routine Heavy Cleaning.
• Perform special cleaning of induction units, walls, lighting fixtures, and windows, both inside and outside, move furniture and set up meeting rooms.
• Cleans offices, break rooms, & conference rooms.
• Empties, cleans, and re-bags trash receptacles.
• Identify safety hazards and abide by safety rules.
• Document inspections and other maintenance activities.
• May be required to perform minor grounds keeping and/or landscaping duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• One year relevant experience.
• Complete Bloodborne Pathogen training.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
• Read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
• Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials, and methods of janitorial work.
• The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms and/or legs.
• The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• The ability to lift between 25-50 lbs.
• The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
• Be able to pass a background check and screening requirements as required by contract and company standards.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
About the Company:
Since 2001 E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc. has been providing its customers with the unique opportunity to employ a social enterprise that provides cleaning and ground maintenance services, as well as other meaningful job opportunities. Our company aims to provide opportunities to people with disabilities in order to assist them in overcoming barriers that limit their potential. With a vision to continue to be a respected employer of people with disabilities and “vendor of choice” in the markets we serve by cultivating an exceptional service-driven company that is committed to excellence and quality. Our values are to act with integrity at all times; to know our responsibilities as leaders; to create an environment where all associates are valued and respected; and to make ethical decisions while acting responsibly, ethically, and compliantly.
E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.