Underwriter Account Representative (Finance)
Underwriter Account Representative
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb's Midwest Region currently has a vacancy for a Commercial Insurance Underwriting Account Representative. Job location search will be focused on the Chicago and Minneapolis geographic locations.
Position Responsibilities: The Underwriting Account Representative is responsible for supporting the underwriting process for multiple lines of insurance coverage which includes property, casualty, workers compensation, excess lines and automobile coverages. This position is also accountable for collaborating with team members to achieve growth, profit, renewal retention, service and producer/client management goals for an assigned book of business in the middle market segment of commercial insurance. The Underwriting Account Representative will gather and analyze account information, interpret and translate data into rating and issuance instructions. The Underwriting Account Representative will also utilize federal and state compliance and regulatory rules to comply with corporate pricing strategies. Additionally, the Underwriting Account Representative in partnership with the Account Underwriter will be accountable for documenting a risk narrative that conforms with the corporate audit as well as state market conduct exams.
• Associates Degree or equivalent; 4-year degree preferred.
• Minimum 2-5 years relevant experience. Entry-level applicants will be considered.
• Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Property and Casualty insurance principles and practices a plus.
• Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Outlook.
• Demonstrated knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, general economic and accounting principles.
• Understanding and experience with administrative and clerical procedures including managing electronic files, data, and records.
• Exceptional understanding of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes meeting established time and quality standards ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Capability to work independently and within a team/group environment.
• Demonstrated success working collaboratively in a matrix environment.
• Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor personal work plan maintaining status and oversight of multiple submissions. • Ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.
• Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excellent listening, reading, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven analytical skills including the ability to identify and report problems or errors while working with significant amounts of detailed information.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with internal and external people in a multi-cultural environment.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.