Remote Navigation Specialist (Construction)
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Remote Navigation Specialist.
Reporting directly to the U.S. Operations Manager-Wellbore Placement, the Remote Navigation Specialist will be responsible for communicating with the Directional Driller/Drilling Foreman to ensure all MWD requirements at the rig site are met.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for technical assistance
• Verify critical data entries in surface software systems and validate drilling assembly offsets
• Maintain accurate well logs and survey records
• Provide basic interpretations of MWD data for the client and/or directional drilling supervisor
• Complete and submit all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
• Maintain updated ROC log of current jobs operating, status, interactions and potential problems
• Act as information liaison between current operations and management
• Maintain up to date knowledge base on all new technology
• Any additional duties assigned by management
• Shop duties as required, including but not limited to preparation of MWD kits and related equipment
• Willingness to participate in meetings with client representatives
• Annual field new technology and refreshment training
• Interfaces with all internal and external customers
• Working conditions include
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years MWD, LWD, Directional Drilling or Well Planning experience
• 2 years of Remote Operations Center experience
• Degree or certificate in Petroleum, Technology or Engineering disciplines a plus
• Understanding of survey quality analysis
• Ability to troubleshoot MWD tools from remote location
• Basic knowledge of Directional Drilling practices
• Good understanding of drilling operations
• General computer skills
• Able to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
• Must be able to deal effectively with a wide range of situations and personalities
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Self-starter capable of working with little supervision
• Ability to work 12 hour tour
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Computer proficiency in software applications to include MS Word, Excel and Outlook.