Valassis Direct Mail, Inc
Facilities Support - 2nd Shift (Marketing)
Provide janitorial duties to facility offices and production areas.
• Maintain and clean windows, woodwork, furniture, and office equipment. In the performance of duties takes added precautions to ensure the security of assigned work area in relation to building access, personal property, and equipment. 25%
• Performs building maintenance duties to Include but not limited to cleaning, sweeping, dusting, dust mopping, washing, vacuuming, collecting trash from work areas, and removing spots and spills from carpeting. 25%
• Performs light ground maintenance (e.g., picking up refuse in parking lots, picking up paper, sweeping walkways, wiping entry doors, and picking up loose paper in production area). Maintains clean rest rooms to include the cleaning of toilets and sinks. Ensures that rest rooms are supplied with paper towels, soap, and other necessary items. 25%
• Other duties as assigned 25%
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Communicate with Plant personnel and leadership.EDUCATION
• High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
• 0 - 1 year of related experience.
• Experience utilizing equipment for cleaning and performing janitorial duties.
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language preferred.PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 40lbs, push and pull up to 40lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/ grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to 40lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees require the ability to work in a fast-paced environment (varying upon equipment).
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.