Dana Light Axle Manufacturing, LLC
Quality Manager (Engineering)
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
General Description with Scope:
Lead the product quality assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products working closely with the other departments to drive continuous improvements. Provide direction and coordination to personnel engaged in quality control to ensure that responsibilities are carried out in a timely and professional manner. Develop solid customer relations built on mutual respect. Responsible for the development, implementation and sustainability of the quality management policies and procedures. Lead all required internal and external certification audits (IATF) and ensure all required certifications are obtained and retained. Competencies: Quality management, quality engineering, reliability engineering, problem solving, systems and procedures auditing, correspondence and presentation skills, technical writing.
Quality management, quality engineering, reliability engineering, problem solving, systems and procedures auditing, correspondence and presentation skills, technical writing.
Knowledge of analytical methods and quality assurance procedures.
Skills in statistical calculations.
Skills in interpersonal relations.
Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
1. Maintain and implement a solid business plan that will meet or exceed the goals established by the Plant Manager and the Corporation.
2. Develop solid customer relations built on mutual respect focusing on customer satisfaction.
3. Analyze key performance metrics, evaluate and present information on factors such as, production quality capabilities, manufacturing problems, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of the management team.
4. Assure compliance to advanced product quality planning requirements through the leadership of, direction of, or actual generation of the following descriptions of APQP deliverables defined as “Quality Assurance Responsibility.”
Feasibility Review; Blueprint Change Request Definition; Design/Process FMEA Input and Review; Dimensional Control Planning; Lead Customer Contact/Supplier Quality Engineering; ES Testing and Compliance; Compliance to Specification; Identification of Critical/Significant Characteristics; Critical/Significant Characteristic Control Methods; Application of S.P.C. and Analysis Methods; Control of Rejected Material Planning; Inspection Instructions and Frequencies; Gage Concept/Specification Review; Gage R&R Methods and Evaluation/Statistical Application; Gage Calibration and Control Planning; Machine and Process Potential Study Planning and Control; PPAP Planning; PPAP Documentation Package Generation; Packaging and Labeling Review; Supplier and Sub-Contractor Program Management/Control; Prototype/Pilot Build Control; Cost of Quality Reporting and Analysis; Q.O.S. Development and Evaluation; Ongoing Customer Contact and Liaison; Customer and Internal Concern Resolution Review; Process Control Improvement (Gage and Testing); Change Management; Problem Solving Methods and Analysis.
5. Implement and sustain the Dana quality management systems, policies and procedures.
6. Lead the quality team to work with other departments to help reduce scrap and focus on root causing issues to drive continuous improvements in the quality metrics.
7. Lead all required internal and external certification audits (IATF) and ensure all required certifications are obtained and retained. Develop a trained internal audit team that conducts regular audits and helps manage corrective actions.
8. Responsible for incoming quality and addressing supplier quality issues.
9. Establish goals and objectives for the direct reports in the area. Coach and mentor direct reports to help them achieve goals.
Experience, Skills And/OR Abilities Required/Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.