Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift) (Marketing)
As the Manufacturing Supervisor, the incumbent will be directly responsible for supervision of production employees and will coordinate the activities of production supervisors. The Manufacturing Supervisor will work closely with all support groups, including Materials, Engineering, Maintenance, Quality Control, Tool Room, and Programming to insure a smooth flow of quality parts, delivered on time, in a highly technical, precision forge operation.
The incumbent, working directly for the Manufacturing Manager, must supervise and coordinate the plant's production operation.
The Manufacturing Supervisor must insure and is responsible for the proper coordination of production operations on all three shifts. The incumbent must see to it, through his own efforts and that of the other production supervisors, that production is achieved at acceptable rates in an efficient manner and in a quality fashion. This will involve working with Manufacturing Engineering to help determine the most optimum machining methods, the best set-up procedures, the proper sequencing of operations, etc. The Manufacturing Supervisor must be able to troubleshoot production, machine, quality and tooling problems and efficiently utilize manpower according to production demands and machining problems. Must coordinate with maintenance to maximize machine uptime.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will be primarily responsible for the quality of the product produced in the plant and will coordinate the training of new employees in proper production and quality techniques, including Operator Process Control. This individual must assume responsibilities for internal and external customer demands, continuous improvement program and promote empowerment. The Manufacturing Supervisor must be aware of industrial safety, including chemical hazard regulations, and insure safe work methods are used and the plant production area is kept as clean and hazard free as possible.
As the Manufacturing Supervisor in a union-free, all salaried, plant, the incumbent must coordinate and direct the workforce in a fair and consistent manner and handle discipline and other personnel problems with close consultation with the shift Supervisors, Operations Manager and Personnel, must support the plant's Affirmative Action and EEO efforts, conduct Performance Reviews in an accurate and timely manner and provide input to the Operations Manager on the goals and performance ratings for the production supervisors, ensures through familiarity with policies and procedures relating to Standards of Business conduct and trains and motivates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
• Supervise & coordinate all plant production.
• Maintain production according to schedule in quality fashion.
• Coordinate with other plant functions to assure support for production operation.
• Troubleshoot production, machinery, tooling and quality problems.
• Coordinate job assignments and movement of personnel in the event of machinery difficulty.
• Coordinate, compile & report status of plant production operations daily.
• Accountable for safety of production employees and maintaining clean, safe, work area.
• Ensure employees are receiving adequate training.
• Responsible for internal and external customer demands, continuous improvement program and promote empowerment.
• Support Plant's Affirmative Action & EEO efforts.
• With the consultation of the Manager of Manufacturing and Personnel, handle discipline, performance, interviewing and hiring of new employees, manning and other related personnel problems in an all-salaried plant.
• Ensures Standards of Business Conduct are in compliance with these policies and procedures. Responsible for adhering to the Environmental Policy as well as supporting the procedures and work instructions maintained within the EMS (Environmental Management System).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a college degree or six (6) years in related work experience and five (5) years internal manufacturing experience in precision forging and machining.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, B/P, specs, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. You must have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Follow all safety rule and regulations and report all safety issues that are found on forging floor.