Reser's Fine Foods
Diesel Mechanic (Maintenance)
General Summary: Responsible for handling vehicle repairs. This includes vehicle's electrical system, engine repairs, or service exhaust systems with emission control parts to comply with EPA regulations.
Benefits and Culture
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser's offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with discretionary match, wellness programs, paid holidays and vacation time to name few!
We strive to be your Employer of Choice. As one of our five cornerstones, this means that we go all-out to create an environment where people choose a lasting career because Reser's care about their personal development & safety, and delivers a rewarding work experience.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows a checklist of inspection procedures.
2. Test drives vehicles to diagnose malfunctions and ensure they run smoothly.
3. Reads and interprets diagnostics test results from diagnostic equipment multimeter measurements and vender specific software programs on laptop.
4. Raises trucks and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
5. Performs routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and parts.
6. Adjusts and aligns wheels, tightens bolts and screws and attaches system components.
7. Maintains tires and brakes to comply with CSA standards.
8. Repairs or replaces malfunctioning components, parts and other mechanical or electrical equipment.
1. Must provide own tools.
2. CDL A license (or ability to get one within 90 days of hire) is required.
3. Extensive inspection experience is required.
4. Strong preventative maintenance skills are required.
5. Refer experience preferred.
For CDL drivers please complete our CDL Suite application: https://www.cdlsuite.com/application.php?user_id=2305&theme=default
1. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
2. Will involve some working outdoors from a service truck at our plant location.
3. Exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel.
Recipe for Success
Reser's is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes, and prepared foods for the supermarket, club store, and food service industries. Family owned and operated, Reser's has been a proud sponsor of good times at racetracks, picnics, BBQs, music festivals, and affordable family meals since 1950. Reser's family of brands include Reser's American Classics, Main St Bistro, Stonemill Kitchens, and more. With more than 4,500 employees, Reser's operates 14 facilities in the US, Mexico, and Canada and actively supports the communities it serves.Transportation & Drivers