Product Manufacturing Engineer (Project Management)
As the Product Engineer – Linear Products, you will be the spearhead of new product introductions for the Haydon, Kerk and HLM product lines. Starting from early stage of the product development, you will work with design team to define and examine the key specifications and requirements, specifically design for manufacturability, design for cost, and design for reliability. You will be the lead to solve the major issues in NPI and ramp up activities including yield improvement, production scaling up, cost reduction, and cycle time reduction. You will be the pivot point to drive the activities associated with enabling product variants into manufacturing stage. You will collaborate with all supporting team activities including Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, Supply Chain, and Quality.
Additional responsibilities will include managing the bill of materials, process document control, test plans. The focus will be on activities to support ramping newly developed products into volume production and coordinating efforts between R&D team and Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with R&D team to support new product introduction (NPI)
• Define production requirements and specifications
• Create BOMs, work instructions and process document control
• Review DFX, including manufacturability, cost, and reliability
• Determine manufacturing location control and process control for multi-site products
• Lead cross-functional team to drive yield improvement.
• Perform statistical data analysis and trouble shoot potential root causes for yield excursions.
• Interface with local design and manufacturing teams
• Communicate with off-shore operations and engineering teams
• Lead the efforts to drive production ramp-up readiness.
• Customer interface on technical issues and process changes
Production Test Planning:
• Define and/or validate production test requirements
• Drive pilot builds and pre-production forecasts into Operations
• Verify pilot-production test data (DVT and PVT)
• Review and validate product cost targets
• Track performance to plan
• Develop and implement product cost road map
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in a multi-site global manufacturing environment
• Strong ability to organize, retain and manage multiple tasks on a regular basis.
• Working knowledge of stepper motor theory, L/R chopper and micro-stepping drives desired
• Certified 6 Sigma Green Belt preferred
o Working knowledge of DOE, Control Plans, MSA, GR&R, D/PFMEA, SPC, Process Maps
• Working knowledge of Lean Methodology – 5s, Value Stream Maps, Kaizen, Cellular Manufacturing
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings (GD&T ANSI Y14.5).
• Ability to use all common inspection and test equipment including micrometers, calipers, height gauges, comparator, salt fog and temperature chambers
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proactive approach to product, process and people improvements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .